Information regarding the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2018 World Lure Angling Championships.
The opening and closing ceremonies will be held at Greetham Valley, 10 minutes drive from the Rutland Water fishing lodge. A buffet will be provided during the opening ceremony and you will enjoy a three course meal for the gala dinner (carvery main). Please notify us on the entry form if any representatives have any special dietary requirements.
Entry fee includes buffet at opening ceremony and 8 gala dinner tickets. Additional tickets are available on request. Please refer to the entry form for details.
Accommodation is also available at Greetham Valley and we have negotiated a discounted rate:
– Hotel rooms: Based on single or twin/double occupancy. £75 B&B per room per night (usually £115)
– Lodges: Lodges sleep up to 6 people in three bedrooms and each have 2 bathrooms and a lounge/kitchen/diner. 7 nights £600 self-catering per lodge (usually £655) / 3 or 4 nights £ £435 self-catering per lodge (usually £485)
There is a good range of accommodation within a 20km radius of Rutland Water including hotels, bed and breakfast, campsites and self catering cottages.
Hotel & Lodging – Distance to Fishing Lodge
Greetham Valley, 10m/16km
– Melton Mowbray, 11m/18km
– Corby, 16m/25km
– Grantham South Witham, 6.5m/10km
– Grantham Colsterworth, 9m/14km
– Peterborough Alwalton, 13m/21km
Best Western Normanton, 0.8m/1.2km
Red Wings Lodge, 5m/8km
Admiral Hornblower, 7m/11km
Barnsdale Hall, 6m/9km
– Corby, 6.5m/10km
– Laxton, 9m/14km
Old Wisteria Hotel, 7m/11km
Peterborough Marriott, 17m/27km
Brook Whipper-In Hotel, 7m/11km